Last Updated: March 11, 2011
Information We Collect
CNAList.org(.com) is committed to helping match users ("Care Agency/Care Facility/Private Provider") who are seeking to hire a caregiver or CNA to provide home or care services. Accordingly, we collect user submitted personally identifying information and other information specific to the services requested or provided. As part of providing you our services, we may obtain personal information from the following sources:
- Information you provide to us on forms that you enter on the Site or that you provide to us in writing.
- Information that you provide to us by telephone, such as when you contact our customer care department.
- Information we receive automatically when you visit our web site. Please see "Cookies and other Technical Data" below.
- Information from third parties, including verification services, payment processing services, and other online and offline sources. For example, this would include information we receive from a third-party verification service in response to a user requesting a background check on themselves. It would also include updated address or contact information that we might use to correct our records so that we can communicate with you more easily.
The information we collect may include: first name, last name, city, state, address, ZIP code, phone, email address and other information specific to the service requested or provided. If you become a registered subscriber we may collect your credit card information and billing address should you explicitly decide to participate in programs that require this information. Such programs may include posting a job as a company recruiter, and other promotions that CNAList.org(.com) may offer from time to time. If you become a registered caregiver/CNA, we may collect your date of birth, gender, resume, company name (if applicable), and ZIP codes served. If you request a background check on yourself we may collect your Social Security Number. In addition, if you request a background check on yourself we may obtain criminal background information from a third-party verification service. Use of such a verification service is voluntary.
We may also collect information about third-party references from Care Agency/Care Facility/Private Provider. This information may include the name, phone number, and email address of the third-party reference. This information is collected when a CareGiver creates or updates their profile. This information is collected so that a Care Seeker or CNAList.org(.com) acting on behalf of a Care Seeker can contact the third-party reference to verify information provided by the CareGiver. The information collected about third-party references will not be used for other purposes including marketing. If a third-party reference would like to have their information removed from CNAList.org(.com), they can contact CNAList.org(.com) customer service .
Providing your information is voluntary and you can always choose not to provide it by choosing not to use our Site, services, or features.
Cookies and Other Technical Data
As is true of most web sites, when you visit our Site we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. We may gather technical information about your computer such as your IP address, operating system, browser type, pages visited, manner of connection to the Internet, and referring URL. We use this information in aggregate to analyze trends and administer our service. The information that we collect through log files is not tied to personally identifiable information.
Third Party Information Sharing
The information collected by CNAList.org(.com) is used in the operation of the Site, including the sharing of certain Care giver information with prospective Care Agency/Care Facility/Private Provider and vice/versa. In addition, we may share your personal information with third parties that offer related products or services. However, we will only do so with your consent.
- In order to provide our services, we may share any of the information we gather about you with agents and service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as to send email, process background checks, host videos (if you decide to post one to your account), or process credit card payments. In addition, address information may be shared with a service provider to determine geographic information. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena or search warrant, or in the course of a legal proceeding. We may also disclose personal information as we believe appropriate to enforce or apply our rights under our agreements with customers, to protect the rights, property or safety of CNAList.org(.com), our customers and others, including exchanging information for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If there is a change of control in CNAList.org(.com)'s business (whether by merger, sale, or otherwise), its customer information could be sold as part of that transaction and your personally identifying information potentially could be used by the purchaser. However, if that business materially changes this statement or the information-handling practices as described in this statement, you will be notified by email and/or through a notice posted on our Site, and you will have a choice as to whether your existing information is used in a new manner.
By becoming a CNAList.org(.com) member, you are consenting to receive certain email communications from us, including newsletters, special offers, and customer surveys. CNAList.org(.com) provides users the ability to opt-out of receiving such email communications.
CNAList.org(.com) reserves the right to send you specific administrative notices that are required by law, regulation, or as needed to service your account. Administrative notices also include notifications of new messages or job postings in your area and responses to jobs that you have posted. You may not opt-out of receiving these administrative emails.
Your Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, you may update this information by logging into your account and accessing the "Profile" section. If you no longer wish to participate in our service you may contact CNAList.org(.com) customer service and request that your account be closed.
How We Protect Your Information
CNAList.org(.com) is committed to earning and keeping your trust and we understand the need to keep your information secure and private.
Please remember that you also play a valuable role in data security. You should never share your CNAList.org(.com) password with anyone. If you feel your password has been compromised, you should change it. After you have finished using our Site, you should log out of your CNAList.org(.com) account and exit your browser.
Contact for Privacy Related Issues